08 March 2021
Public Service Announcement
Upcoming COVID-19 vaccination clinics
The COVID-19 vaccine is Nunavut’s best protection against this virus, and all Nunavummiut are encouraged to be vaccinated as soon as they are eligible.
The next round of clinics to receive first and second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine will be held in:
Anyone who received their first dose should receive a reminder from their health centre about their second dose appointment. You must be in the same community for both doses. Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Nunavut health card or other valid ID (i.e. passport, drivers license, etc.) demonstrating residency at time of your appointment.
- Other applicable forms of ID: NTI enrollment cards, hunting licences, and documents such as rental agreements and QEC bills as proof of residency.
- List of medications and or allergies, or the medications themselves.
New residents or nurses, physicians, midwives, RCMP, EMS and fire fighters:
- Valid photo ID, such as a passport, healthcare card or driver’s licence, and 1 of the following:
- proof of employment in Nunavut.
- reasonable proof of Nunavut residency (for example, a utility bill, lease, etc.).
- list of medications and or allergies, or the medications themselves.
Call your local health centre if you missed the first clinic in your community and want to receive the vaccine. Please remember that priority will be given to Nunavummiut scheduled for their second dose. If no additional doses are available, a wait list will be created and individuals will be able to receive their first dose once additional vaccine supply is sent to the territory.
Physical distancing, hand hygiene and enhanced cleaning practices will be in place to help keep everyone healthy. For the protection of yourself and the community, we encourage you to wear your own mask to your appointment. For information on upcoming vaccine clinics go to https://gov.nu.ca/health/information/covid-19-vaccination.